Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

my birth history

we are only a few days away from jedi's due date. i've been thinking about the other children's births and wondering how his will be different- how will it be the same?
henry was two weeks late. i was a first time mom. the doctors told me "nothing good happens after 42 weeks." so i agreed to an induction that evening when my doctor was going to be on call.
samantha was almost two weeks late. they did an ultrasound and found out that her fluid was low. i was sent to the hospital for an induction after the appointment.
max was two weeks late. they did an ultrasound at my 42 week appointment and diagnosed him as "a big baby". i went home to get stuff together and then went into the hospital for an induction. he ended up being 10 lbs 4 oz and 23 inches.
with george i was treated to going into labor naturally at home at 41 weeks 1 day. his was a beautiful waterbirth surrounded by wonderful support.
with mary jane i had a c-section for placenta previa at 39 weeks.
with frances my water broke at 37 weeks and no labor followed. i went into the hospital 24 hours later and induction began. she was born 56 hours after waters broke.

how will labor begin with jedi? i have only experienced a natural beginning to labor once. i would really LOVE to go into labor quietly at home with my family. there is something terrifying about humans taking birth initiation into their own hands. and something so divine about getting the sign of labor out of the blue.
my contractions aren't close to the stuff of labor. they are quaint little tightenings that linger for a brief time- not long enough to change anything major.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that God grants your request to have a natural beginning to your labor of love:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you're so worried about induction. I would be too. I can't offer any advice, but I'm thinking about you.

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...