Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

the hardest part

today the words from a hymn spoke to me.
"eye has not seen, ear has not heard, what God has ready for those who love Him."
i really like that thought. i started thinking about how it's not the letting go that will be hard for me. it's the living everyday without. coming to church without the baby. going to the store without the baby. having empty arms, empty beds, empty slings- that's going to be hard. i just put myself in the Father's hands and told Him, "this will be what is hard for me. I trust that you will give me the grace to get through it- the peace that surpasses all understanding. a peace that confounds me- a peace i don't understand, nor need to."
after mass i checked facebook and "become a spiritual child of st. padre pio"'s status update said...
Hand
over to Him your departure and the departure of others from this earth -
when, where, and as He wills. St. Padre Pio

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for that grace for you and your family. I can't even begin to imagine how else you get through this.

    When I've had my graceful moments of God given peace, it's nearly tangible - I hope it's surpasses this for you - beautiful and profound.

    Thank you for sharing the Padre Pio quote - it's very difficult to read and accept but full of a beauty that you can just sink into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Liz - it's breaking my heart for you. But, you have a heart that is strong and beautiful, faithful, courageous. I know it's going to be tough, that letting go. But, I know that you have God and His saints and angels, and friends to help you through. God bless you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sister denise once told me that "if God can be enough for fr. kevin, fr. joe, and sister mary agnes- for all those vocations out there, then He can be enough for me". i believe that He will be enough for me as well.

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...