Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

another cs lewis quote- on photographs

"it doesn't matter that all the photographs of H.(his deceased wife)
are bad. it doesn't matter-not much- if my memory of her is
imperfect. images, whether on paper or in the mind, are not important
for themselves. merely links. take a parallel from an infinitely
higher sphere. tomorrow morning a priest will give me a little round,
thin, cold, tasteless wafer. is it a disadvantage- is it not in some
ways an advantage- that it can't pretend the least resemblance to that
with which it unites me?
i need Christ, not something that resembles Him. i want H., not
something that is like her. a really good photograph might become in
the end a snare, a horror, and an obstacle."

cs lewis-
a grief considered

i highly suggest this book to anyone who has experienced the loss of a
loved one. only 76 pages- i wish it were longer, but it is so good
just as it is.

3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I've read it! I get a little something different each time - like picking it up with such a heavy heart, having just returned from Jedi's burial was a very different experience than the last time I read it after the loss of another close to my heart. Lewis touches so many nerves with me. Glad you've gotten so much out of it, Liz :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I keep looking at the photos I took and keep beating myself up over them, in such a way that I never before- which is saying a lot. I keep criticizing.... Why could I not capture him without the tube? Why does it lack radiating his cuteness and sweetness? Why could this have not been better lighting cause surely that would then be like having him here...the video clips are nice, but yet still not enough. Nothing like holding that warm cuddly cozy wrapped little present of a boy and smelling his sweet sweet smell and looking deep into those deep brown eyes and seeing him looking back into my soul.... Love him mucho! But no matter how inadequate the photos and videos are- I am so thankful for them!! Cause like CSL says- it is that link that takes us there to be with him. Love u mucho too!!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...